The Challenging Behaviour course enables you to have an awareness and understand of the reasons why a person may present behaviour that challenges. We share ways of assessing what's being presented through writing behaviour support programmes and teaching replacement skills.
We explore a range of tactics, methods and approaches to support the person, thus reducing the behaviours with short and long-term strategies. Our course is designed to pass out knowledge to you and your staff with an aim of managing the situation safely and reducing stress and anxiety for all involved.
What is challenging behaviour?
Challenging behaviour is complex but in a nutshell, it is behaviour with such intensity, frequency or duration that the physical safety of the person of others is placed in serious jeopardy or behaviour which is likely to seriously limit or deny access to the use of ordinary community facilities. If not managed properly it can seriously affect a person's health and well being.
What age range do you cover?
Where possible we set the content of the course to the age range that the participants would be supporting. From nurseries to adults to care homes, we would make sure we cover what you need to know by talking to you to see what your staff require before the course is delivered. One to One Support Services can deliver the course at your location. All your staff receive the same knowledge and a consistent team approach to managing challenging behaviour is developed. Staff have the same shared understanding to support each other and those they are working with.
Who is the course for?
The course is for anyone providing care or comes into contact with individuals who present behaviours with challenges. Some of these roles include:
- Nursery Nurses
- Support Workers
- Care Home Staff
What is covered in the course?
The course is covered in one day. Topics covered in this day range from:
- Definitions of Challenging Behaviour
- The Impact of Challenging Behaviour
- Behaviour Support Planning
- Considerations, Short and Long Term Strategies
- Respond to a scenario based questions situations about the possible function of behaviour and how it is managed
- Types of Challenging Behaviour
- External and Internal Influences on Behaviour
- Assessing Behaviour
- Teaching Replacement Skills
- Supporting Staff and Reducing Stress
- Factors Relating to Causes of Challenging Behaviour
- Results and Outcomes of Challenging Behaviour
- Identify a Range of Behaviour. Desirable and Undesirable
- Identify Values to Your Approach in Managing Behaviour
- Positive Strategies to Encourage Positive Behaviour in Your Setting
- Behaviour Support Planning
How long is the course?
The course is run over one day and can be run at our Training Academy or brought to your workplace.
How much does this course cost?
£93.00 PP - Group rates are available.
To find out more or register then please either see our Contact Page or call 01246 235 208