Level 2 Apprenticeship Training Course - Children and Young People's Workforce
The Children & Young People's Workforce Intermediate Level 2 Apprenticeship offers a combination of qualifications that will equip you with the skills and knowledge required to work in the childcare industry and is ideal for your first role.
You will learn how to provide effective care and contribute to the social development and practical skills of children and young people.
Why choose an Apprenticeship?
Apprenticeships give you the opportunity to work for a real employer, earn a wage and gain valuable workplace skills.
What will the course cover?
- ERR (Employment rights and responsibility)
- Diploma at Level 2
- PLTS (Personal listening and thinking skills)
- Functional Skills Maths and English
There are mandatory units along with optional units from which a selection can be made. Here is a list of mandatory units:
- Introduction to Communication in Health, Social Care or Children’s and Young People’s Settings
- Introduction to Personal Development in Health, Social Care or Children's and Young People’s Settings
- Introduction to Equality and Inclusion in Health, Social Care or Children’s and Young People’s Settings
- Child and Young Person Development
- Contribute to the Support of Child and Young Person Development
- Safeguarding the Welfare of Children and Young People
- Contribute to Children and Young People’s Health and Safety
- Support Children and Young People’s Positive Behaviour
- Contribute to the Support of Positive Environments for Children and Young People
- Understand Partnership Working in Services for Children and Young People
- Maintain and Support Relationships with Children and Young People
How long is the course?
Intermediate (Level 2) - Up to 15 months
What careers are available?
- Nursery Assistant
- Care Worker
- Special Education Needs Assistant
To find out more or register then please either see our Contact Page or call 01246 235 208