We have a dedicated Employer and Learner Liaison Team and service excellence underpins in all the work we do with local and regional employers, learners, partners and our own employees. We ensure opportunities are maximised to grow talent and develop skills for life and employment.
As an employer we can offer you a variety of support to meet your business needs:
- Apprenticeship Reform and Levy support
- Business/Workforce development needs analysis
- Recruitment Support through our matching Service
- A variety of flexible or bespoke training solutions including Health & Social Care and Childcare care packages to suit your business needs
What our employers say:
'Throughout the process, it was clear to see the commitment and enthusiasm from the team'
'To date, six staff have already completed their qualifications and are already planning on how to build on what has been achieved'
'The communication from the tutors is fantastic I am regularly made aware of how my employees are progressing'
What is the Apprenticeships Levy and what does it mean for your business?
From the 6th April 2017, the way the government funds apprenticeships is radically changing with the apprenticeship levy being introduced. The purpose of the levy is to encourage employers to invest in apprenticeship programmes and to raise additional funds to improve the quality and quantity of apprenticeships.
The Apprenticeships Levy is a payment that will be collected from large employers in both the public and the private sectors. The payment is paid to the HMRC via PAYE returns.
The Apprenticeships Levy paid by businesses can be accessed by those same businesses to fund apprenticeship training in their business.
Employers will not be able to pay for apprenticeships until they have started paying the levy (from May 2017 onward).
What size of business will be subject to the levy?
The levy threshold is calculated by the size of payroll. Businesses with a wage bill of more than £3 million will be required to pay a levy. This payroll threshold only applies to 2% of employers, which means only larger SMEs fall into this bracket.
How much is the levy?
< 50 Employees - salary bill of £3m = Free Fully Funded Training for existing staff and new apprentices.
> 50 Employees - salary bill of £3m = 10% contribution of total training costs (monthly instalments).
> over £3m salary bill = contribute 0.5 % of your annual salary bill into Apprenticeship Levy - Train existing staff or recruit Apprentices using funds that will be located in your digital account.
These funds expire after 18 months!
So what does this mean?
The government gives all employers a levy allowance of £15,000 so if you are an employer with an annual pay bill of £5 million then you would have an annual apprenticeship levy of £10,000.
- Levy Sum: 0.5% x £5,000,000 = £25,000
- Subtracting the levy allowance: £25,000 - £15,000 = £10,000 annual levy payment.
- Digital Apprenticeship Service (DAS):
- The online Digital Apprenticeship Service allows employers to use the levy to pay for training and assessment for apprentices and financially manage your apprenticeship programme and help you to estimate your financial spend and recruit apprentices through training providers.
You will need to register for this service. You can do that by clicking here
It will help you:
- Focus on your business priorities
- Address skills shortages head on
- Invest in the skills and training to help your organisation succeed
What are your business priorities?
It is not about how you spend your levy but more about what your business priorities are:
- Upskilling and improving perform
- A particular area of need or concern within the business
- Business growth
- Sustainable growth
- Meeting the needs of the sector
One to One Support Services can help…
If you would like to know more about the apprenticeship reforms and the levy or how you can benefit from employing an apprentice please get in touch.
One to One Support Services can help you with your business skills/needs analysis and support you in the process of accessing the Digital Apprenticeship Service.
Contact us on: 01246 200018
Are you looking to enter or further your career in the Health & Social Care Sector?
Would you like to be an apprentice?
- We put the learner first in everything we do and our highly qualified and experienced team can offer a wide range of confidential information, advice and guidance from the beginning.
- We welcome applications from all types of learners and we are committed to giving you the help you need to choose the right course for you and to complete your course successfully.
- We have a safe, learning environment that can be adapted to meet your individual needs and our team can offer extra assistance to learners with hearing or visual impairments, specific learning difficulties, medical conditions or other barriers to learning.
- We are committed to providing you with outstanding information, advice and guidance in an excellent environment.
- We aim to aspire and motivate you and personalise your support to develop your self-confidence.
- We will coach you to be successful and progress to the next steps.
Our learners consistently feedback to us:
'The training academy has the right facilities to get me through my course'
'Really supportive staff, they guided me through the whole enrolment process and remained supportive throughout my course'
Our Employer, Learner Liaison Officers can provide you with impartial, realistic advice and guidance about employment and apprenticeship opportunities and continuing onto further or higher education.
They will provide you with a one to one interview, prepare you for starting in employment or training and be a mentor for you throughout your learning journey.
How to apply:
We will be delighted to welcome you to one of our courses.
For any enquiries or to request an application pack simply contact the Employer, Learner Liaison Team on 01246 200018 or email Chris Lawton at [email protected]